Blog: Derek Sivers
Description: Entrepreneur, programmer, avid student of life. I make useful things, and share what I learn.
- The Night I Met Einstein
- There is No Speed Limit
- Does Quantity + Learning = Quality?
- I Assume I’m Below Average
- Obvious to You. Amazing to Others.
Blog: The Blog of Tim Ferriss
Description: Experiments in Lifestyle Design
- Richard Feynman: The Pleasure of Finding Things Out
- How to Use Philosophy as a Personal Operating System: From Seneca to Musashi
- Public Speaking: How I Prepare Every Time
- Tim Ferris Scam: Practical Tactics for Dealing With Haters
- From CEOs to Opera Singers – How to Harness the “Superstar Effect”
Blog: Study Hacks
Description: I’m a 30-year-old computer scientist interested in why some people lead successful, enjoyable, meaningful lives, while so many others do not. Being a geek, I’m not satisfied with simplistic slogans (e.g., “follow your passion!”) or conventional wisdom (e.g., student success requires stress). Instead, I dive deeper, looking to decode underlying patterns of success, in all their nuanced glory.
- The Steve Martin Method: A Master Comedian’s Advice for Becoming Famous
- The Grandmaster in the Corner Office: What the Study of Chess Experts Teaches Us about Building a Remarkable Life
- On Great Teachers and the Remarkable Life: A Deliberate Practice Case Study
- If You’re Busy, You’re Doing Something Wrong: The Surprisingly Relaxed Lives of Elite Achievers
- Of Pre-Med Schedules and the Possibility of Finishing Your Work Before Dinner